“Lies About Love” | Week 2
“Marriage is a 50/50 Relationship” | 1 Peter 4:8-9 (ESV); Ephesians 4:32 (ESV); John 4:13-14 (ESV)

Couples often go into marriage viewing it as an equal partnership where they complement one another. However, between sin, sickness, and schedules: two people will never do “their part” perfectly. In fact, much of the conflict and disappointment that occurs in marriage is due to the other person not carrying the weight expected.

The reality is faithful and flourishing marriages may require days, months, and even years where one spouse gives 80%, while the other can only give 20%. And sometimes both can only give 20% and their community has to come alongside them. The bottom line is marriage is about two people selflessly serving one another, not give 50% or doing their part.

Join us this Sunday as my friends Don and Renee Worcester share biblical and practical wisdom around this important subject.

-Tim Birdwell, Lead Pastor