WHO WE ARE
We are a church located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. Join us Sunday mornings, online and in-person, at 10:30am.
Between Sundays, you can find us scattered throughout the Phoenix Valley - loving Jesus, living like Jesus, and leading others to Jesus.
The Mission, Methods, Marks and Vision of Phoenix Bible Church.
Watch this video to get an overview of what Phoenix Bible Church is all about! You can dive deeper into the specifics below.
Phoenix Bible Church exists to help people love Jesus, live like Jesus, and lead others to Jesus. In short: "Love Moves."
We love Jesus because we deeply know and believe his person and work. We not only know and believe Jesus, but commit to a lifetime of following Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We live like Jesus as we learn how to turn from sin and walk in His righteousness by the power of the Spirit. We aren’t merely concerned with the way to the Kingdom, but the way of the Kingdom (i.e. the 8 beatitudes, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, personal and social righteousness)
We lead others to Jesus as we invite others to love and live like Jesus. We realize there are spiritually bankrupt people without Jesus all around us. This realization, compels us to passionately share and show the love of Jesus in our homes, neighborhoods, cities, and nations.
These are the methods by which we carry out our mission:
Click for more info:
– Share Your Faith
Email Pastor A.C. for more info:
– Lead a Team / Community Group
– Lead in Next Gen (Kids, Youth)
– Discipleship Groups
– Lead a Study
– Lead a Mission
– Lead Prayer Initiative
– Lead in Internship
– Lead on Staff
– Lead as Pastor / Elder
The marks of a disciple of Jesus who is loving Jesus, living like Jesus, and leading others to Jesus.
That you would know, believe, and live the good news of Jesus Christ.
That you would immerse in the Scriptures, so you can engage the world.
That your decisions and directions in life would be shaped by a humble dependance on the Holy Spirit.
That you would belong to and participate in grace-filled, truth saturated community.
That you would utilize the resources God has given you to give consistently, compassionately, and sacrificially.
That you would actively join God’s culture-renewing, disciple-making work through both word and deed.
That you would set aside intentional time weekly for sabbath rest and worship.
Our vision is to see:
- A church where Love Moves throughout the central corridor of Phoenix and beyond.
- A church that passionately and sacrificially multiplies disciples and kingdom impact.
- A church that practices for eternity as we embody a multi-generational, multi-ethnic family wrapped around the glory of Christ.
- A church that serves as a robust hub for transformative bible teaching and discipleship, proactively engaging culture, while upholding truth and loving well.
- A church that serves as a safe haven for the broken and suffering to receive healing, hope, and restoration.
- A church that equips and sends disciples into homes, neighborhoods, cities, and nations for the glory of God and the good of people.
- A church that has an intentional leadership pipeline, raising up ministry leaders, church planters, and missionaries.
- A church that functions as a Kingdom Outpost, maximizing our facility throughout the week with initiatives such as: "Love Moves Center" - housing supplies, space for mentoring, and other tangible efforts that would impact our city's greatest needs (foster care, individuals with special needs, single parents, poverty, etc.)
- A church that partners with other churches and non-profits who are also uniquely placed in the heart of Phoenix to care for the poor, orphan, and widow, and see those populations transformed in our lifetime.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
In short, we are a Jesus-centered, bible-based church.
Read more about our beliefs below:
*A note about our statement of belief: There are a lot of theological words and concepts that may be new to you or seem complex. We understand that and would love for these statements to be a “starting point for conversation”, instead of expecting you to arrive with complete understanding.
We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as being verbally inspired and completely inerrant in the original writings, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
(Matt 5:17-18; Luke 24:27, 44; John 10:35; 2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:21)
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Matt 28:18-19; Mark 12:29; John 6:27; Acts 5:3-4; Heb 1:8; 2 Cor 13:14)
We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
(Matthew 1:16, 20-25; Luke 2:40, 52; Luke 7:48; John 11:35; Philippians 2:5-8)
We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
(Genesis 1:26; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 6:5; Psalm 14:1-3; Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:10-19; Romans 8:6-7; Ephesians 2:1-3)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
(John 1:29; John 3:16; Romans 3:25-26; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life for us as High Priest and Advocate.
(John 20:20; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1)
We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
(John 1:12; John 10:28-30; Acts 16:31; Romans 8:28-39; Titus 3:5; Jude 24)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (Luke 16:19-26; John 5:25-29; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11- 15)